Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Beginning

I have a confession to make. I currently read 453 blogs. That's right. A bit obsessive, don't you think? Of those, the vast majority are either crafting blogs or quilting blogs...

Today, I was sitting here reading all sorts of bloggers' New Years Quilting Resolutions, and thought to myself, "Self, you should do that. Too bad you don't have a blog to do it on. Hmm. Self, it's time." So here I am.

A little bit about me - I've completed one almost-twin size quilt, two lap quilts, three baby quilts and two NICU quilts... all since January of last year. Not bad for a newbie. Most of those have been given away, and I'm notoriously bad about not taking pictures of things, so if I can find pictures of some of them, they'll be documented here, hopefully!

This year's quilting resolutions:
1. Participate in the Free Motion Quilt Challenge!
I'm particularly excited about this - I have done some stippling, but don't feel very comfortable with it. I recently tried a couple of Leah Day's patterns on a small project, and found them freeing and exciting - can't wait to learn more.
1 b. Make a sample quilt with my sandwiches from the FMQC.
2. Make a quilt for my husband.
This is first up for me this year - I have the fabrics all chosen and waiting in my craft room for me...
3. Use my charms from the Color Wheel Charm Swap.
I'm thinking about a variation of the Warm-Cool quilt.
4. Attend a meeting of the Central Illinois Modern Quilt Guild.
I'm an intimidated quilter. I'm fine when I'm by myself - I am confident, free, etc... but I think in the presence of "real" quilters, I'd feel awkward and untaught.
5. Make something with my winnings (Fluffy Sheep / Our Busy Little Bunch) from the Sew Mama Sew Giveaway Day.
On a related note - don't enter any other fabric giveaways unless I've used up one of the two winnings! I think this should spur me on, don't you? I'm a sucker for a giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment